For those who don't know us, here's a quick intro:
- Leo: Blogger at Zen Habits, author of the Power of Less, runner, husband, father of six. Not in that order.
- Eva: Teacher, homeschooling four of our kids, loving mother, super super supportive wife.
- Chloe: Oldest of our kids, 16, soon to be a junior at Academy of Our Lady of Guam, into MySpace and Lonely Island and making YouTube videos and the Beatles and playing guitar and much more.
- Justin: 12 year old blogger, video game designer, guitarist, into Naruto and reading and much more.
- Rain: 11 year old, graduated top student from his elementary school, outstanding soccer star, really funny, awesome video game player.
- Maia: 9 year old, beautiful singer, loves Friends and How I Met Your Mother, awesome daughter and sister, really into the Harry Potter books right now.
- Seth: Turns 5 years old today! Likes Star Wars, Batman, Spiderman, Legos, and anything cool like that. Has a unique martial arts style.
- Noelle: 3 years old, adorable, loud and demanding, sweet and loving, a powerful personality.
This is our first trip as an entire family. We've been doing a lot of research and can't wait. We're all packed to go already.
We hope to post daily (or so) with pictures and some short descriptions. It won't be a lot but we thought this would be a fun way to share our trip with family and friends.
We've set it up to make this travel blogging super simple. Our camera will upload pictures into iPhoto on my Macbook Air, and then we'll open Picasa, select the photos we want and press "Blog This". Picasa uploads them to Blogger, and all we have to do is add a title, plus descriptions below each photo. The whole process with photos and all should take about 2 minutes, plus longer for writing descriptions.
If we get tired, we might not blog each day. But we'll do it as often as we can.
Here we are at Christmas time.
The kids (with their cousin Lauren) at Rain's 11th birthday in January. From left: Noelle, Lauren, Justin, Rain, Chloe, Maia and Seth.